About the team:
POPSUGAR is looking for a well-organized, versatile, detail-oriented Native Editor to join our Native Editorial team. If you love writing and editing lifestyle content, working with writers to make their content shine, strategizing for SEO-winning content, and working collaboratively with brand partners, we want to meet you! Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for health and wellness content, a knack for organization, and an analytical eye.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Senior Native Editor and Project Manager to understand the project vision for a dedicated client to ultimately deliver best-in-class white label content
- Serve as part of the client-facing team to strategize with clients, secure creative assets and receive direction from client
- Prepare for and participate in regular in-person meetings with client
- Use industry expertise, POPSUGAR Insights, and experience to strategize and create innovative, successful, ROI-driven content and social programs for a dedicated client
- Assign and edit a high volume of fitness, health and living content from our pool of over 600 freelance contributors
- Use analytics to track the performance of your stories and plan future content accordingly
- Generate monthly and ad-hoc reports to executive team on competitive landscape, metrics, and POVs on the sponsored/branded content space
What you’ll do:
- The ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to lead content strategy, anticipate needs, easily communicate and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must have a strong ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and people, at one time
- Must be a savvy, confident, writer and editor
In order to thrive in this role, you must have...
- 4-6 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy and working with writers
- A firm understanding of POPSUGAR’s voice and the expertise to edit and produce content with little direction
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Great communication, collaboration, and attention to detail skills
- HTML and Photoshop skills are also a plus!
This is a long term contract position based out of our New York office.
About POPSUGAR Inc.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company including lifestyle media publisher POPSUGAR and monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. Together, the brands attract 100 million monthly visitors worldwide, and inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content we create and the commerce we drive. What unites our businesses is the belief that it takes more than inspiration to live the life you want. That's why we not only create content that moves our audience, but also make it easier to take action on what's important to them — whether it's starting a new fitness routine or participating in a social cause.
POPSUGAR Inc. operates internationally in Australia, France, Germany, China, the Middle East, and the UK, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.