Report on Administrative Services Manager - Santa Ana, CA
Administrative Services Manager - Santa Ana, CA
Orange County Child Support Services (CSS) is an award-winning, forward-thinking agency of over 400 professionals, dedicated to helping parents financially support their children. The core mission is assisting parents in establishing paternity, establishing financial and medical child support orders, and facilitating the payment of that support through various means, including court action. Under the direction of the Department Director, CSS delivers human services to the community based on a balanced approach emphasizing Customers, Staff, Business Efficiencies, and Performance. CSS also works in close partnership with the Orange County Superior Court, California Department of Child Support Services, and other local child support agencies throughout California.
Click here for more information of Child Support Services.
Under general direction of the Chief Deputy or Administrative Manager III, this manager will:
- Have oversight of a major functional area within Child Support Services.
- Contribute as a Senior Leader of the department, providing strategic level guidance and recommendations to the Executive Team.
- Work with staff to develop initiatives, proposals, project plans and briefing materials to guide Department operations.
- Be responsible for strategic planning to ensure focus on performance measures and customer satisfaction/service.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners to ensure cohesive partnerships built on transparency and effective communication.
- Effectively interact with all levels of staff and the management team to contribute to the achievement of department goals by positively influencing the decision-making process.
- Ensure a cost effective and efficient allocation of resources between and among teams/units, evaluate efficiencies, and devise/implement solutions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Oversee personnel matters, which include hiring, employee development and disciplinary actions regarding staff.
- Effectively apply leadership skills to promote positive work environment, to motivate/engage staff, and obtain buy-in.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of Child Support Services and will demonstrate the following competencies:
Child Support Experience & Technical Skills
- Experience working with Child Support laws and Child Support regulations and policies
- Extensive knowledge of Establishment, Collections and Enforcement strategies, Federal/State Performance Measures and Customer Services initiatives
- Extensive experience performing program, organizational or administrative analysis, legislative analysis and/or high level casework
- Extensive experience facilitating and coordinating projects and teams, providing project leadership, advice and recommendations, technical direction and expertise, ability to evaluate progress, and resolution of issues related to project areas or work assignment
- Experience in managing projects, developing timelines and documenting findings
- Experience in training, developing training curriculum and session materials to successfully engage with the targeted audience
- Experience in collaborating with external organizations and building partnerships for the benefit of the community and program
- Experience in marketing campaigns and branding to support program awareness and effective communication
Leadership | Managerial Skills
- Fostering a collaborative approach across all program support and operational functions in support of achieving the Department's mission.
- Providing thoughtful information and analysis that furthers data-driven decision-making and engages all levels of participants in contributing to the process.
- Leading cross-functional projects/initiatives through the establishment of goals, resource plans, and development of status reports and summary documents.
- Supervising and leading various levels of support staff, as well as partnering with Human Resource Services on staff management issues
- Training, directing, and evaluating subordinate staff and maintaining team objectives and standards with minimal direction and control
- Working collaboratively with direct reports to align personal development and goal achievement with business objectives
Judgment | Decision Making Skills
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and problems through good judgment and decision making utilizing technical expertise
- Analyzing problems and proposing solutions while dealing with changing priorities
- Proactively and effectively formulate strategies supporting departmental goals; make decisions consistent with department objectives and strategic goals
Relationship Building | Effective Communication Skills
- Developing and delivering effective written and verbal communication with various audiences, i.e. service providers, vendors, department managers, and agency/department customers
- Creating rapport and conducive working relationships
- Using diplomacy when dealing with challenging situations and/or people
Applications must possess the competencies, performance attributes, professional attributes, minimum qualifications, physical requirements and mental requirements as required in the County of Orange Administrative Manager job series.
Click here to learn more about the Minimum Qualifications for the Administrative Manager II classification as well as the physical & mental requirements and the environmental conditions.
Special Requirements: Must pass a background investigation to the satisfaction of the Department of Child Support Services.
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all application materials for minimum and desirable qualifications. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All applicants will be notified via email of their status in the process.
Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applications exhibiting qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.
Structured Oral Interview | SOI (Weighted 100%)
Candidates will be interviewed and rated by panel of job knowledge experts. Each candidate's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate's qualifications for the job. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedure listed above may be modified. All applicants will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.
Once all assessments have been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
Please note: The information you provide on your application and/or response to the supplemental questions may be used as a scoring device, so please be thorough and complete in your response. "See Resume" is not a qualifying response and will not be scored in lieu of the required information.