Report on Assistant Manager - Irrigation District
Assistant Manager - Irrigation District
The Klamath Irrigation District is currently recruiting for the Assistant
Manager position in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Please pass this announcement
to management professionals who may be ready for this next step in their
First Review: 30 May 2019 (Open Until Filled)
Send resumes with cover letters to email@example.com
The Klamath Irrigation District is a municipal corporation that operates an irrigation system to serve the people of the Klamath Basin under the direction of a 5-member board. Klamath Irrigation District can trace its origins to the “Main” unit of the Klamath Project made pursuant to the 1902 Reclamation Act to serve the people of Klamath County. KID serves nearly 54,000 irrigated acres, has over 3000 Stakeholders, and with our partner districts, supports the economic foundation for Klamath County.
Position Description: Under the direction of the District Manager, the Assistant is responsible for daily district operations to include, but not limited to: supervision of the management staff, financial management and budgeting, contracting, personnel management, long-range business plan, and enforcing District policies. The Assistant Manager will assume the duties of the District Manager in their absence.
Main Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Address issues and resolve problems related to water deliver, drainage, rights-of-way, easements, and customer complaints.
- Provide direction to the Water Master, Hydro Plant Operations, Maintenance Manager, and Office Staff
- Direct the employment of consultants, engineering firms, and others to assist the District
- Represent the District in negotiations and legal matters
- Prepare multi-year operations budget with financial projections for District Manager review and board approval
- Provide oversite of multiple contracts
- Coordinate with District partners to improve operations
- Compiles and maintains water reports and crop reports (for submission to the Bureau of Reclamation)
Education / Experience: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, water management, engineering, business, or at least five years supervisory experience of a complex, diverse, and demanding team related to agriculture.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Assistant Manager must direct the daily operations of the District and work effectively with the Board of Directors, the District Manager, government entities, regulatory agencies, and customers.
The Assistant Manager must be comfortable speaking to diverse groups including employees, the Board, patrons, other agencies, and the general public.
The District Manager is eager to work with a leader with a proven track record of problem solving,
contract negotiation, project management, and knowledge of SCADA systems. Experience with failure
analysis to identify and mitigate potential areas of liability is a plus.
Knowledge of the Klamath Project, the Klamath Irrigation District, and surrounding irrigation districts is