Report on B Shift Molding Manager
B Shift Molding Manager
SeeScan is hiring for a Molding Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Injection Molding Department during the B shift. We are an organization with over 30 years of experience designing and manufacturing utility locating and plumbing diagnostic equipment, and our molding department is an important to our success.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates refined molding capabilities as well as excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
In addition to ensuring the efficiency and quality of the B shift, you will be an agent of change for the successful growth of the organization. You will work closely with the in-house mold building operation, Quality Control, Inventory Control, and many other facets of the organization.
This is a “B shift” position. You will work and communicate closely with the “A shift” manager and help ensure effective shift handoffs.
• Job and material planning.
• Forecast using MRP system.
• Troubleshoot machines and molds.
• Setup, process, and debug molds.
• Quality planning and inspection.
• Act as a mentor for molding operators.
• Direct knowledge of processing engineered resins.
• Ability to process mechanical and cosmetic issues out of a part.
• Ability to properly set up and start up molds for both production and first article samples of new molds.
• Knowledge of MRP techniques.
• Ability to transact parts when complete and submit to inventory.
• Extremely helpful to have strong mechanical troubleshooting skills to keep presses up and running.
• Experience with Fanuc Roboshot machines a plus.
• Proficient in all Windows based PC general software.
• Strong data collection and documenting skills using MRP and Industry 4.0 software.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven leadership qualities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• 10+ years direct thermoplastic injection molding experience in a variety of roles.
• A position within an established company that has over 30 years of experience, growing from humble beginnings in our founder’s garage to a team of nearly 300.
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
• Traditional and Roth 401(k) investment options, with a current company matching contribution of up to $50 per paycheck (biweekly).
• Flexible Paid Time Off plan with no cap or “use it or lose it” requirement.
If this position is of interest, please apply online at https://careers.seescan.com. In your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position. We are looking for a long-term, in-house team member to join us, not a contractor or consultant.
Modern life depends on the infrastructure that brings water, electricity, gas, and communications to our homes and businesses. SeeScan’s mission is to deliver best-of-class products that protect these vital services. We are an original equipment manufacturer in San Diego, CA that builds diagnostic and utility locating equipment from the ground up, from initial product conception to prototyping, testing, and final assembly.
At SeeScan, you’ll be part of a group of people who bring passion and energy into everything they do. We value the individual contributions all of our employees make, and invest in the tools and training they need to find success and professional growth. We do our best to empower the right people to take on new opportunities, and our culture promotes transparency, integrity, and continuous learning.
• No recruiters, contractors, or consultants, please.
• No relocation assistance or visa sponsorships available for this position.
• SeeScan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.