Report on Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. Assist Center Director in strategy development and marketing campaigns;
2. Contribute to development and refinement of center's strategy and growth;
3. Develop and maintain relationships with key partners in both public and private sectors;
4. Identify and follow up on business opportunities by contacting potential partners;
5. Organize and present on Center's behalf in training, tradeshows and events, update on industry publications, maintain business networks, and join in relevant business organizations and associations.
1. Client recruitment, engagement, assessment and relationship management;
2. Provide guidance in developing business plans, feasibility studies, applications for financial funding (conventional and non-conventional);
3. Define and analyze business opportunity requirements, potential, and financials, evaluating options, resolving internal priorities;
4. Develop negotiating strategies, examining risks and potentials, estimating partners' needs and goals;
5. Conduct qualitative and quantitative financial analysis;
6. Expand service offerings in existing client by cross-selling new products and services;
7. Generate program income through providing outstanding client services and partnership relationship building.
1. Keep Center Director informed by submitting activity and results reports on regular basis, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses;
2. Maintain client records up to date;
3. Maintain detailed and accurate records of activities;
4. Comply with program procedures and guidelines;
5. Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
● Ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor's degree in Business with 1-3 years of relevant working experience in Finance and/or B2B settings. Major in Finance is preferred, but not required. Commercial banking, accounting, and business development experience is a plus. Self-starter, able to accomplish Center's goals by delivering related tangible results on which the organization is measured and evaluated. A team player, working collaboratively and sharing best practices and know-how with peers. Fluency or advanced proficiency in spoken/written Spanish a plus
What We Do:
The Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce that helps to create and sustain U.S. jobs by promoting the growth and global competitiveness of businesses owned and operated by minority entrepreneurs.
ASIAN, Inc., MBDA Business Center operator, works throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area and beyond to link minority-owned businesses with the capital, contracts, and markets they need to grow. We advocate and promote minority-owned business with elected officials, policy makers, and business leaders. Serving as subject matter experts and advocates for the minority business community, we conduct high quality research and cultivate domestic and international relationships.
Please submit your cover letter, résumé and at least three professional references, as well as any salary expectations
Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing
● Business degree and/or Finance and/or B2B experience: 3 years