Report on Certified Medication Aide/CMA At Avamere
Certified Medication Aide/CMA At Avamere
At Avamere, our mission is to enhance the life of every person we serve.
This includes our patients, residents, patient and resident family members, and our fellow co-workers.
Annual Wage Increases
Certified Medication Aide/CMA
Full-time Day and Evening Shifts Available
Avamere at Pacific Ridge
3625 E. B Street
Tacoma, WA 98404
As a certified medication aide (CMA) with Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
- Administer medications to residents as ordered and under the direction of the attending physician
- Administer medications in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, local procedures and practices, and requirements of the state
- Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medications ordered for a resident
- Complete necessary forms, charts, and reports in a timely matter
- Ensure all medications administered are properly labeled, returned, and reordered
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and foster a calm and cheerful environment
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
- Effectively communicate necessary resident information to charge nurses, director of nursing and/or administrator
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a licensed certified medication aide in this state
- Knowledge of the meaning and usage of common medical abbreviations, symbols, and terms for medication administration
- Ability to accurately measure, record, and report vital signs
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring discounts on gym memberships, financial coaching, counseling services, and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
In scenic and historic Tacoma, Washington you will find Avamere at Pacific Ridge, a 102-bed skilled nursing community serving seniors suffering from dementia, cognitive impairment, and psychiatric conditions. The community offers quality memory care and behavioral health programs.
Avamere at Pacific Ridge staff strive for excellence in quality care, a comfortable environment, and bringing joy to their residents.
Avamere at Pacific Ridge has been honored with the Bronze Commitment to Quality Award from the American Health care Association and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement award from the Centers for Medicaid Services.
Get to know more about Avamere at Pacific Ridge on their blog and Facebook.