Report on Experienced Junior Designer
Experienced Junior Designer
Responsibilities include the following tasks: CAD plans, elevations and RCPs, drafting custom furniture, selecting and writing FF&E schedules, requesting quotes, writing proposals, writing budgets, shopping at the Design Center, expediting, status tracking, inspecting items at the warehouse, specifying window treatment details for estimates, shopping, etc.
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience working with a high-end interior design or architecture firm
• Exceptional AutoCad skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
• Experience leading at least one design project, including interfacing with architects/contractors, space planning, drafting interior architecture specifications, preparing schedules, etc. (no just decorating)
• Experience managing projects with specified budgets and timelines
• Outstanding technical knowledge of design genres, history, and antiques
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiar with SF Design Center showrooms and local vendors
• Live within commuting distance to the office
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing to highly educate clients without spelling or homonym errors
Our clients are spoiled by good service. You should be extremely service-oriented. You will get increasing responsibility based on your skills and on your fit with the firm. We welcome the chance to learn more about you. Please email a .pdf file containing a resume and samples of your professional work to and be prepared to discuss your role.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Monthly Healthcare Contribution
- Free Gym Membership (when they reopen)
- Reimbursement for Professional Dues and Approved Classes
- Fun, Team-Oriented Atmosphere with a Chance to Grow in Skills and Position
About our Firm:
Heather Hilliard Design is a full service, high end residential boutique interior design studio based in San Francisco. Heather Hilliard Design creates personalized interiors that combine classic detailing with the restraint of modern design. With every assignment the firm accepts, Heather Hilliard Design delivers a refined result that reflects the very best of our client’s personal style. Projects have been executed for an impressive client base from the San Francisco Bay Area to New York City and Boston. Heather Hilliard Design has earned ample recognition as a premier practice and has been featured in many national and design publications including The Wall Street Journal, House Beautiful, Architectural Digest.com, Luxe Interiors + Design, California Homes, California Home + Design, Gentry Home, Silicon Valley Magazine, San Francisco Magazine, San Francisco Cottages & Gardens, Martha Stewart Living among others.
Most importantly during these unusual times, we pride ourselves on being a good employer who takes care of its staff members. We welcome the chance to learn more about you.