Report on Facility Maintenance Manager - Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Facility Maintenance Manager - Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Under direction, responsible for scheduling and supervising the work of facilities maintenance with in-house staff including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, technical art, graphic art, painting, fiberglass and upholstery staff. Coordinates timely completion of work requests that support operating departments and other segments of company. Serves as the Maintenance Manager On Duty.
Unique Job Requrements:
Must be a team oriented manager and communicator. Assures that maintenance projects, needs and work requests are well managed and requesters are kept informed of progress when required. Proactively anticipates and manages periodic maintenance actions with a long-term horizon. Works in the field with staff to coordinate work. Must maintain confidentiality. Works flexible extended hours. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays. Carries a radio and cell phone. Must conform to company grooming standards. Must be motivated to provide great customer service to employees and external customers who are contacted in the course of work in progress.
•In consultation with the Director of Maintenance and Development, interview, hire, supervise, motivate, train, schedule, coordinate and monitor the work of staff
- Troubleshoot, brainstorm and solve facility related issues, projects and problems
- Consult with the preparation and monitoring of budgets for subordinate work groups and estimating costs for maintenance solutions when needed
- Analyze work requests to determine responsibility and best approach to completing via internal staff or outside vendor support
- Conduct meetings to facilitate interdepartmental communication and coordination concerning work in progress
- Assure that record keeping meets legal and internal requirements
- Review and evaluate trends, services and products in the maintenance and construction realm and recommend those that would benefit the company
- Be a team leader and advise and consult with staff to solve difficult maintenance, construction, safety and project problems
- Keep abreast of changes and monitor compliance with building codes, OSHA, DOSH, ADA and other laws that affect company operations
- Interface with Boardwalk concessionaires subject to company maintenance policies
- Serve as Maintenance Manager on Duty
- Perform other duties as assigned
Training and Experience:
At least three years of progressively responsible experience developing and managing facility maintenance work groups. A working knowledge of craft skills of all supervised staff, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and fiberglass.
•Knowledge of carpentry, technical art, graphic art, painting, plumbing, fiberglass and upholstery application and techniques.
- Knowledge of maintenance and construction techniques procedures.
- Knowledge of building codes and OSHA standards
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Ability to plan, lead, train, evaluate and motivate staff.
- Ability to analyze construction problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to champion teamwork, coordinate and facilitate work among various departments.
- Ability to apply building codes and OSHA standards to work
- Ability to develop and implement policies, systems, procedures and guides.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of professionals inside and outside the company.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate in house projects, repairs and maintenance work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to implement and maintain high safety standards and effective safety programs.
- Ability to use a computer to complete work including preparing reports, budgets, employee evaluations and correspondence and search the internet.
• Able to see and read blue prints, agreements, documents and technical materials.
- Able to hear conversations.
- Able to stand and walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Able to smell or detect odors and fumes from various chemicals.
- Bi-manual dexterity.
Valid U.S. Drivers License at time of hire.
Required to maintain automobile liability coverage with a minimum of $50,000 single limit or $50,000/100,000 per occurrence during employment.
After Offer of Hire Testing:
Drug screen / criminal background check
Santa Cruz Seaside Company - 5 hours ago