Report on Financial Specialist III
Financial Specialist III
Financial Specialist III: This is progressively responsible work in scheduling, organizing, assisting and/or conducting the activities of procurement, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and/or asset management.
- Accounts payable and procurement functions for: Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources; Libraries & Historical Resources; Emergency Services and General Services.
- Processes invoices and Payment Requests, including problem solving with the Finance Department. Includes auditing accounts and invoices for accuracy and compliance.
- Enters CIP requisitions and Change Orders. Converses regularly with Fiscal Consultants on the correct org. code to use on requisitions/change orders.
- Contacts Project Managers on the status of their purchase requisitions and the payment of the vendors.
- Works closely with Project Controls group to assure Capital Project goals, priorities and procedures are met.
- Works closely with the Finance Department to avoid delays in payments to the vendors.
- Maintains files related to purchasing/payable activities.
- Assists customers and prepares responses to financial information requests.
- Maintains spreadsheets to monitor the status of each purchase requisition and each invoice.
- Assists with year-end close functions to provide a smooth transition into the new fiscal year.
- Understands the various duties of Budget personnel to offer customer service/assistance when required.
- Enhances Technical Skills through in-house training classes and workshops.
- Fills in as back-up for bank deposit.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of any issues or concerns that have arisen.
Click Here to View Our Benefits Guide
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance, four (4) years of experience in auditing procedures, inventory control, basic real estate, or bookkeeping/financial duties OR year-for-year basis may substitute for the required education.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA