Report on Full Stack Embedded Software Engineer - Entry To Mid Level At Naval Nuclear Laboratory
Full Stack Embedded Software Engineer - Entry To Mid Level At Naval Nuclear Laboratory
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking an entry to mid level Full Stack Embedded Software Engineer to join the software development team that designs and supports advanced naval nuclear propulsion instrumentation and control systems used by the U.S. Navy’s submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. Typical duties for a Full Stack Embedded Software Engineer include:
- Participation in full life cycle software development tasks utilizing primarily the C++ programming language. Applications include an internally derived embedded operating system, specialized standalone devices and user interfaces, and supporting development environments and tools.
- Revolutionizing the state of software application in safety critical control systems.
- Execution of work tasks in an agile development environment as an independent contributing member of an energetic design team.
- Applying modern and innovative design approaches to re-factor and improve upon existing code bases and development processes.
Learn more about the Naval Nuclear Laboratory at https://navalnuclearlab.energy.gov/
*This position requires ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Due to time duration associated with obtaining a clearance, we are able to consider applicants in their Junior and Senior year*
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science for an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
- C++ or equivalent experience with object oriented programming
- Use of software version control systems such as Git (or Bitbucket)
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional software development experience
Job Preferred Skills
Technical experience with:
- Software development on Windows and Linux platforms, including development using the Qt framework
- Development of an embedded Real time Operating System (RTOS) or applications for an embedded RTOS for safety critical application
- Additional programming experience with C#, Java, Python or PERL
- Software development in using Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban)
- Continuous Integration (CI) techniques and tools, such as Bamboo and Jenkins
- Database design and use, including SQL applications
- Collaborative team-working skills, including demonstrated ability to interact with multi-disciplined Instrumentation and Control design and qualification teams
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders having a range of technical background and experience
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong drive to solve challenging and complex software issues while ensuring the high quality required for safety critical applications
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.