Report on Fundraising Events Manager
Fundraising Events Manager
This is a part-time 24 hours/week, fully benefited position, located in Redding, California, and reports to the Senior Director of Regional Walks.
BE PART OF A MOVEMENT TO END ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last ten years in a row. Apply at alz.org/careers.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At the Alzheimer's Association, diversity and inclusion are vital to our mission. The Association leads strategic initiatives to support diversity and a culture of inclusivity. These strategic initiatives also strengthen outreach to all populations, providing communities with resources and support to address the Alzheimer’s crisis. By partnering with organizations locally and nationally to advance diversity and inclusion, the Association can broaden its reach in all communities.
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in Redding, CA this is a part-time position at 24 hours per week. This position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responsible for recruitment of volunteer community leaders and training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
● Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
● Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practice implementation.
● Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve development goals.
● Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
● Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
● Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
● Ensure Walk to End Alzheimer’s standards are being followed.
● Responsible for other duties as assigned.
● Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self-improvement.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● 3-5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
● Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
● Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
● Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
● Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
● Ability to work with diverse and underserved communities and demonstrate inclusion
● Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
● Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
● While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
● Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
● Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25lbs of materials
● Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
How to Apply
Please go to www.alz.org/careers to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!