Report on General Manager Non-Profit Thrift Shop
General Manager Non-Profit Thrift Shop
The General Manager will provide management of all facets of a retail store’s operations, including but not limited to, the daily operation of a retail area including personnel management, budgetary controls, inventory controls, etc. while maintaining the highest level of customer service and facilitate a safe and healthy working and shopping environment for customers and volunteers. Please visit our website for a detailed job description. https://berkeleyhumane.org/recruitment/general-manager-thrift-shop/
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum education includes high school diploma or GED equivalent. College degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or a related field strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in retail sales management and merchandising with a track record of success.
• Ability to handle a cash register and teach others how to handle one, which includes void transactions, discounts, tax exempt sales, etc.)
• Excellent math/accounting skills and familiarity working with cash receipts. Computer fluency in MS Office, Excel, or other donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic payment systems.
• Online web-camera meetings required on a regular basis.
• Familiarity with nonprofit organizations, animal welfare, and volunteerism.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with customers, volunteers, staff, vendors, and the general public.
• Energetic, self‐motivated, professional, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor, able to multi‐task and work independently in a hands-on work environment.
• A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others.
• Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license with a driving record acceptable by our insurance carrier and be bondable.
• Highly motivated toward the welfare and humane treatment of all animals; ability to work with and handle animals safely and humanely; understands the lifesaving importance of finding homes for shelter animals.
Full-time benefits include paid time off, medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401k plan, and generous employee pet discounts.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with "Thrift Shop General Manager" on the subject line. Your documents must be in Word or PDF format to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!