Report on Inpatient Coordinator For Clinical Research - LVNs Or Bachelor Degree
Inpatient Coordinator For Clinical Research - LVNs Or Bachelor Degree
We are looking for an energetic INPATIENT COORDINATOR for CLINICAL RESEARCH to join our clinical research team. Applicants must have excellent social skills and be hard-working team players with the ability to multi-task and have a strong attention to detail. The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
(1) Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) - OR - Bachelorâs Degree in a Health Sciences and/or Psychology field
(2) Must be BCLS certified; ACLS preferred
(3) Must be willing and able to work in a clinical setting involving a stable and/or acute psychiatric/mentally disabled population, yet otherwise medically stable
(4) Must be able to communicate clinical observations and results to physician and clinical team.
(5) Experience in clinical research is a plus.
This person will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of our inpatient Clinical Research Unit (CRU), including duties such as:
(1) Work with physicians and study coordinators to admit and monitor trial patients while they are participating in overnight/inpatient clinical studies (both long and short-term)
(2) Assist nursing staff with oversight of admitted patients, noting any changes in health or new health complaints, administering concomitant medications (if applicable), and notifying research coordinator and/or doctors of any urgent issues.
(3) Coordinate weekly CRU staff shift schedules, arrange coverage for nursing and secondary staff as needed
(4) Review all CRU forms, including nursing notes and MARs, for completeness and accuracy, in
accordance with study protocol guidelines
(5) Act as the liaison between patients and research staff (including nurses, clinicians, and study coordinators) and be adept at conflict resolution and problem solving.
(6) Manage CRU general facilities, including routine monitoring of patient medications, nursing station, kitchen and laundry areas, patient rooms, and crash cart maintenance
(7) Work w/ Research Operations Manager (ROM) to develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to improve efficiency of CRU
(8) Other administrative duties as needed (e.g. filing, log management, pharmacy/PCP contacts, etc)
This is a full-time position (40 hrs/week). Expected hours are Mon-Fri, 9 am - 530 pm. Schedule flexibility may be required for mobile communications and/or assistance with nursing staff and research team during off-hours.
LVN: $22 - $25/hr DOE , Non-LVN: $15-$20/hr DOE
Upon the successful completion of a 90-day probationary period, employee will be eligible for medical and dental benefits and may also qualify for wage increase.
Position immediately available