Report on Lost And Found Supervisor - Social Media - Menlo Park, CA
Lost And Found Supervisor - Social Media - Menlo Park, CA
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Schedule: Monday - Friday (Normal Business Hours)
Supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services for the lost & found (L&F) department. Act as a liaison between the Associate Site Security Managers (ASSM) and lost & found representatives. Supervise staff by providing coaching, scheduling, payroll, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range. Responsible for managing day to day lost & found operations across all campuses. Including oversight of policies and procedure implementation, and maintaining current and updated procedures and record keeping in support of the client driven program. Provides feedback of the standard operating procedures in efforts to improve the L&F department.
Responsibilities Specific to Assigned Client/Post:
- Communicate staffing needs on shift to National Account Portfolio Manager.
- Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also may include assisting manager in performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or region HR support employees and National Account Portfolio Manager.
- Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at the site.
- Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
- Flexible work schedule (working on weekends & hours may vary)
Enforcement of Contract Standards
- Help National Account Portfolio Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Assist in the coordination and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
- Provide primary point of contact for all agitated employee inquires.
- Partner with on-site vendors/teams, including but not limited to, Transportation, Bike Hub, Fitness center, and Event Ops to coordinate L&F in those specific environments.
- Administer JSA’s and safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for security officers on assigned shift including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
- Be prepared to participate in unemployment hearings.
- Utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Training Detail reports, etc.) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
Additional Responsibilities and Skills:
- This person must possess a high degree of sufficiency managing complex human resource issues.
- Problem solving abilities with highest adherence to ethics
- Must have the ability to work responsively and cooperatively with Facebook Security and Safety Management
- Deal positively with rapid change
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of security and risk management practices
- Ability to work under limited supervisor and make independent decisions
- Have command presence as an effective leader
- Keen Prioritization
- Build positive relationships with staff and recognize successes
- Exemplify humility, lead by example
- Willing to accept feedback to improve/enhance performance
- Conduct daily inspections of lost and found hub, identifying deficiencies in organization and conduct.
- Conduct daily post inspections for all lost and found personnel.
- Participate in customer driven meetings and negotiations in regards to L&F operations.
- Work alongside global security operations center and global security investigations to conduct escalated missing item reports.
- Submit daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual metrics to Associate Site Security Manager.
- Ensures program development by escalating needs of the L&F Department and adapting to change in policies and procedures.
- Establish a uniform training scheme to provide on-site job training to new members, while providing additional oversight, mentoring, and retraining of existing members.
- Education Required: HS Diploma: X Associates Degree: BS/BA
- Is experience in a specific field or market required? Yes
- The chose candidate shall have a minimum of 24 months experience as a Shift Supervisor or a similar level position of responsible charge, plus a total of 24 months experience in security or other related field.
- Previous experience leading large teams in a fast paced service environment
- Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- General knowledge of electronic access control systems, CCTV, and alarm systems
- The chosen candidate shall possess superior verbal and written skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
- Financial / mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for local licensing.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security Officers and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
Join Allied Universal Security Team at The World's Famous Social Network!
AMAZING BENEFITS INCLUDES:
- Competitive wages
- FREE food
- FREE gym membership
- Paid training (development, growth/ promotional opportunities)
- Health benefits
- Uniforms allowance
- Accelerated vacation accrual
- Overtime available at events
- New Child Benefit of twice the employee’s monthly wages – not to exceed $4,000
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States! For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
PPO # 14417