Report on Medical Waste Collector And Transporter Route Driver - San Diego, CA 92126
Medical Waste Collector And Transporter Route Driver - San Diego, CA 92126
Medical waste collector and transporter, also known as medical waste transporters, handle the collection and drop off of medical waste from hospitals, clinics, blood banks, veterinary hospitals and other healthcare locations where medical waste is generated.
The driver will transport the material from individual generators to a disposal or transfer facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. The driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and parking lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job.
Medical waste collectors also pack hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste materials (medical waste), as well as commercial chemical products into approved containers and provide industry-leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The Specialist is also responsible for servicing assigned Large Quantity Generator (LQG) and Small Quantity Generator (SQG) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. May also transport waste from either a San Diego Medical Waste/SHRED-DOCS location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
CUSTOMER SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day.
- Unloads containers of medical waste and paper from transport vehicles, transferring those containers to another vehicle.
- Reload clean supplies onto transport vehicles.
- Works toward achieving maximum efficiencies in an established work environment while maintaining safety & compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
- Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
- Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
- Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
- Ensures that truck storage compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and equipment.
- Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
- Complete and maintain DOT logs when applicable.
- Understand and implement all company policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
- Follows all safety requirements as outlined in company policies.
- Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to company operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and San Diego Medical Waste Services, LLC
- Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure customer relations and compliance.
- Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
- Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
- Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Driving/transportation: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- San Diego, CA (Required)
- California Drivers (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
1 hour ago