Report on Night Desk Clerk - Cambria, CA
Night Desk Clerk - Cambria, CA
Pacifica Hotels is searching for a Night Desk Clerk to join the team! The Night Desk Clerk will be responsible for assisting guests in all guest services related functions. The Night Desk Clerk will also be responsible for closing hotel books at night by running night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- “Pacifica Hotels is an exceptional hospitality company that really invests their time in the operations and support of the individual hotels. It's comforting and beneficial to have a company that spends so much time meeting the needs and requests of their hotels and for us to know our voice is being heard. Unlike most other companies, PH managers (hotel and regional) frequently do friendly follow-ups to ensure we are happy, everything is flowing smoothly, and to ask our opinions on areas of improvement, which certainly is encouraging to know the company we work for cares so much about our success. This company also continues to provide relevant material and feedback essential for individual growth and promotional opportunities - which again is very encouraging”.
- Blake, Guest Services
- Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times, while providing personalized service to hotel guests.
- Communicate effectively with guests and fellow team members.
- Greet arriving guests and complete established check-in procedures on a daily basis in order to ensure that guests are fully satisfied.
- Facilitate guest departures on a daily basis by following established procedures in order to close guest accounts and determine future room availability.
- Regularly calculate and/or post monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the guest with accurate hotel charges upon check-out.
- Courteously answer inquiries and accept reservations, both in person and over the phone, by utilizing PHC’s reservation guideline. Accurately and professionally communicate hotel rates and information, utilize suggestive selling techniques, demonstrate advantages and create value for our guests.
- Maintain good guest relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses in person and on the phone.
- Operate the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls and assisting out-going calls, setting wake-up calls and communicating to guests to ensure timely and efficient service.
- Control and balance cash and credit transactions at the front desk and maintain complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel policy.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
1-2 years: Work Experience: • Minimum of 2 years of hotel front desk experience preferred.
Professional Skills • Proficiency in MS Office Suite • Experience with hotel operations software sales programs • Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ task
Personal Skills • Highly organized and efficient • Pro-active and results driven • Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility • Leads by example and with integrity • Excellent communicator and team motivator • Business-like, socially engaged, passionate, expressive demonstrating a positive attitude
Pacifica Hotels - 2 hours ago