Report on Outpatient Clinician - SUD Co-Occurring **BONUS OPPORTUNITY!!** At Jefferson Center For Mental Health
Outpatient Clinician - SUD Co-Occurring **BONUS OPPORTUNITY!!** At Jefferson Center For Mental Health
To provide individual and group psychotherapy as well as appropriate case management and/or care coordination to clients with mental health and co-occurring substance use disorders, ages 22-59.
**BONUS OPPORTUNITY!! Two phase bonus. $1,000 paid on first paycheck and $2,000 paid on 2 year anniversary**
Job Specific Competencies/Duties:
- Engages consumers, appropriate family members, and significant others as requested and consented to by client, in the strength-based and trauma-informed treatment process and goal-setting. Works constructively with consumers to reach agreed upon outcomes, and coordinates care with internal and external providers. Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
- Provides individual and group treatment as determined by the Network Director promoting change and movement through the therapeutic system following Recovery-based practice guidelines.
- Identifies risk factors including lethality for suicidal, homicidal and/or grave disability. As appropriate, complete involuntary mental health holds (27-65) according to Center protocol.
- Complete intake, assessments, and initial engagement strategies with consumers during Same Day Access times in accordance with clinical practice guidelines and agency policies.
- Participate in Evidenced Based Practices and other agency initiatives (IDDT, DBT, PCOMS, CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, etc) for mental health and co-occurring substance use services.
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional Growth/Development, Relationships/Communication)
- Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by the Network Director through effective caseload management responsive to the level of ongoing clinical need.
- Attends mandatory in-services; compliance with individualized training plan if required.
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and interval agreed upon with supervisor.
- Corporate Compliance including documentation on practice in accordance with regulatory requirements and clinical guidelines.
- Submits 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days.
- Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date (CCARS and Service Plans).
- Ensures that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director. Monitors client balances and takes appropriate steps in accordance with agency guidelines for collecting payment, rescheduling appointments until a fee is paid and/or a payment plan is in place, adjusting fees as needed.
- Completes 95% of case closings within 90 days after last contact, 210 days for meds only.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and respect.
- Effectively responds to the client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to develop therapeutic alliance with consumers and to work effectively and with cultural competence with consumers from diverse backgrounds.
- Participates in staff development activities to enhance professional growth.
- Addresses the whole health needs of the client by ensuring that appropriate releases are in place for physical health care providers, making appropriate referrals as needed when significant physical health needs are a consideration.
- Assesses and treats individuals with various disorders within the scope of one’s expertise.
- Utilizes a range of appropriate clinical and recovery focused interventions according to clinical need, or refers as indicated, to trauma specific treatment, wellness classes/coaching, co-occurring/substance use services, and employment services.
- Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with the recovery process and reduces the possibility of retraumatization.
- Participate in the Center’s training/educational programs designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
- Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of trauma informed care and the principles of addiction treatment.
- Attends the quarterly CAC business meetings in order to stay abreast of regulations and policies governing substance abuse treatment.
- Participate in CAC group supervision per OBH regulations. CAC II, 2 hours each month, CAC III or LAC one hour each month.
- Provide CAC in training group or individual supervision to staff obtaining their certification (CAC III or LAC only) and/or assist with supervising or mentoring new license eligible clinicians.
- Completes required paperwork for substance use treatment licenses and billing to Medicaid and other funding sources, including Substance Abuse ROI, Substance Use Assessment, Out-of-State Offender Questionnaire, Infectious Disease Acknowledgment Statement, ASAM Level of Care and Placement Criteria, SOCRATES and DACOD’s.
- Endorse the Center’s belief that drug testing can be an effective therapeutic tool as it can serve as a deterrent to substance use, a safety measure for prescribing psychotropic medications and provide support to the client to increase the likelihood of successful abstinence. All CAC clinicians will include random or point-in-time urine drug testing (UDT) as a part of the co-occurring services offered here at the Center. SUD Intake clinicians will referral all SUD clients for Point-In-Time/Baseline UDT upon intake.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in related field required
- CAS or LAC required
- LPC, LMFT or LCSW preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Skills or experience in integrated health approaches preferred