Report on Paddle Board Retail Sales Consultant
Paddle Board Retail Sales Consultant
Would you like to work for a company that is located in a casual dog-friendly setting near the beach in the vibrant Funk Zone area of Santa Barbara, and was a pioneer in the fastest growing segment of the outdoor sports industry?
A successful member of the StandUp Paddle Sports Â® team must be intelligent, authentic, outgoing, dynamic, and full of STOKE and ALOHA!
You love to help people and solve their problems relative to gear selection...we want EVERY client to be Stoked For Life Â® !
This is a position for a sophisticated, passionate, and natural born salesperson. Full-time or part-time.
You are honest, hard working, self-directed, dependable, and have both experience, and confidence, selling upper-end merchandise. This position best suits someone who has many talents, capacity to learn more, and works well at multi-tasking while having fun.
If you feel that you can bring passion, energy, ambition, and positive attitude to our company, please send us your cover letter and resume for consideration.
We are an established brand that is dynamic and growing.
We design, manufacture, and retail our own high quality branded products (boards, paddles, fins, bags...etc) that are recognized as industry leading.
We work hard and play hard, and believe that both should be fun.
We are renowned for providing superior customer service that is the gold standard in the retail watersports industry.
Our boutique boards are custom Made in California, USA.
* Treat our clients how you would want to be treated.
* Offer friendly and knowledgeable advice to customers in person, email, and on the phone, by accurately assessing their needs and answering their questions resulting in a pleasurable shopping experience that they will share with others.
* Open and/or close the retail store as-needed.
* Works in-person with clients at our Santa Barbara location, and at times at the beach during lessons or events. (Lessons are subject to additional pay)
* Handle service and sales inquiries from customers. Can clearly and effectively communicate in writing, on the phone, over our social media channels, and via email.
* Handle all administrative aspects of the sale including: completing customer orders, invoicing, and warranty items.
Pull products from inventory, accepting customer payments and filing the completed orders using our POS and software applications.
* Work with our freight broker and shipping companies on product delivery logistics and manage any claims that may occur.
* Maintain strong knowledge of all our products, accessories, pricing, promotions, and service features.
* Maintain knowledge of competitive offers, provide critical market feedback and analysis trends regarding national and local competition and product/service needs. Â·
* Maintain merchandise and store hygiene as if it was your own.
Qualifications: You are confident and truly enjoy meeting a vast array of interesting people. You are willing to learn the details of our business, and are willing to work at least one weekend day (maybe not all of them!). You believe that selling is mostly about listening and consider yourself a good listener; you have an understanding of and the ability to offer first class service to the customer. You are considered by others to be a nice person, treating others how you would want to be treated, and exhibit an appropriate amount of confidence and expertise when dealing with others. Standup paddling and water sports experience preferable.
You can multi-task with ease. You are motivated and a self-starter that does not need to be micro-managed. You have a good working knowledge of PC computer systems, Microsoft Office programs (WORD, EXCEL), willing to learn new software applications, and can easily and effectively communicate via email and social media platforms.
Experience: 1-3 years retail/customer service/sales experience in the Surfing, Standup Paddlesurf and/or Sporting Goods industry preferred. Proven computer and writing skills. Some understanding of graphic design and light HTML coding a plus.
Understanding or experience in board-shaping, graphics, finishing, or board-sports marketing a plus.
AA/AS or BA/BS degree preferred.
Please attach your resume and a personalized cover letter that would help us to know more about you and why you think you would be a good fit in our company.