Report on Pflugerville 02 - Checker - Pflugerville, TX 78660
Pflugerville 02 - Checker - Pflugerville, TX 78660
Schedule Part-time Requested Availability (if applicable) 10AM TO 10PM AND 4PM TO 1AM
As a Checker, you will get to know our Customers, and treat them to excellent service and community spirit. As a reward for your efforts, we offer lots of opportunities, great pay, flexible hours, fantastic benefits, and the training and education you need to learn, grow, and move your career forward.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... excellent customer service skills and a desire to serve?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... willingness to go above and beyond to help your Customers and your work Team?
We are looking for:
- an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping focused on the Customer
- dependability and attention to detail
What is the work?
- Provides superior customer service; looks for ways to go above and beyond what our Customers expect
- Answers product-related questions for customers, and offers additional or alternative products and services
- Processes customer transactions of goods and services
- Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions
- Uses electronic scanner to record prices
- Weighs items, bags merchandise, and redeems food stamps and promotional coupons
- Monitors and manages potential front-end shrink
- Performs the duties of Customer Service Assistant frequently
What is your background?
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous customer service experience
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Checker?
- Courteous, energetic, and helpful attitude
- Precision in scanning and keying; attention to detail
- Ability to get along with others
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Constantly* stand, reach at waist, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noise, and wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 35 lbs, and manage in excess of 35 lbs. It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
- Successfully complete Checker training and Alcohol Seller's training
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as-Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day