Report on Sales Strategy, Planning And Transformation At Dell Technologies
Sales Strategy, Planning And Transformation At Dell Technologies
Sales Strategy and Go-to-Market Transformation
What is Dell Technologies?
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that provides the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset, information.
We are an organization that embraces risk, change and makes big, smart bets. From our forward-thinking investments in the future of IT, to Dell’s privatization, to the Dell + EMC combination, Dell Technologies is defining change in the marketplace. Our unique structure as a family of businesses enables us to attract the very best talent to innovate like a startup while offering the trust, service and global scale of a large enterprise.
Dell Technologies by the Numbers:
Leadership in 13 Gartner Magic Quadrant reports
Team members: ~145,000
Operating in 180 countries
25+ manufacturing locations, 40+ distribution and configuration centers, and 1,000+ parts distribution centers globally
Combined sales force of approximately 30,000
More than 30,000 full-time Services and Support employees
More than 2,200 service centers supported by more than 25 repair facilities globally
Dell's Sales Strategy and Transformation is seeking exceptional leaders and forward-thinkers to help us continue the transformation of the Global Sales organization. Dell’s Global Sales organization of ~30,000 sellers and partners are responsible for delivering >$80B of revenue. We are a small team who works closely with the Sales leadership team, and who collaborates across business units and functions to develop and implement solutions which deliver tangible results.
As a key member of the Sales Strategy and Transformation team, you will engage on projects with internal stakeholders at the SVP/President level. You will be a part of high impact teams who tackle issues and opportunities prioritized by the Global Sales leadership team. You will lead analyses, deliver insights, provide actionable/practical recommendations, and drive implementation to transform Dell.
In the role, you will work on highly complex problems; provide insight into the issues and challenges which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team; gain exposure to senior-level decision-making; and establish relationships across all areas of the company.
This role is a springboard into more operational business management roles across Dell. The opportunities can be more global in nature or more regional specific – e.g., leading teams in North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia Pacific, Greater China and Latin America.
• 3+ years experience, ideally with experience in corporate strategy and / or sales finance roles
• Very strong understanding of business strategies and drivers, particularly in a sales organization
• Ability to effectively work and collaborate at all levels of the organization – particularly at the Director and VP level
• Outstanding problem solving and quantitative analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency leading and managing teams
• Drive for results and ability to learn on the fly
• Self-direction and motivation, and ability to operate independently
• Ability to effectively work/partner at all levels of the organization
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges
• Prefer experience in Enterprise IT HW and SW
• MBA or equivalent work experience
Job ID: R076959