Report on Special Events Coordinator, Development - San Diego, CA 92123
Special Events Coordinator, Development - San Diego, CA 92123
Position Title: Special Events Coordinator, Development
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $21 - $24/Hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Special Events Coordinator plays a critical role in assisting with the planning, organizing, and implementation of events managed by the Advancement Team. Coordinate all administrative needs for each event, including calendars, billing, expenses, volunteers, vendors, donors, and staff. Maintain accurate data and reporting on the status of events and their revenue and expenses. Oversee and direct Event Planning intern, when applicable. Create and maintain documents that outline Jewish Family Service policies and procedures for all donor cultivation and stewardship events. Work closely with staff to ensure that all event guidelines and requirements are met. Make recommendations to achieve significant growth and efficiency of our overall event fundraising programs. Assist on an ongoing basis for general development, event management responsibilities and strategic planning as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with planning, organizing, and supporting events, including the Heart & Soul Gala, Behavioral Health Luncheon and donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Prepare projects and tasks for the Event Planning Intern.
- Work with the Event Planning intern to make sure they meet the goals of their internship.
- Actively communicate with vendors, participants, volunteers and staff, in an engaging and professional manner.
- Provide day-of event support including set up, check-in, oversee auction, and post event tear down.
- Train, oversee, and delegate tasks to volunteers/committee members
- Assist in researching and identifying potential auction item donors and sponsors
- Assist with the organization of auction items
- Assist in making follow up calls to participants and potential donors
- Oversee and collaborate with colleagues, committee members, and other volunteers, working closely with them to execute event logistics and achieve event goals.
- Create and manage invitation lists (from Raiser?s Edge database) and track guest responses, including seating requests.
- Maintain accurate documentation and files related to events.
- Attend and/or staff events as required, some weekends and evenings.
- Provide support to team during cultivation and fundraising events.
- Respond effectively to calls from donors, volunteers and staff in a professional and friendly manner
- Update donor data for individuals and organizations, including all contact information, donor demographics, and relationship links.
- Enter returned mail address corrections or other such change of address notification.
- Assist with conducting research on individuals, corporations, and foundations for prospect activity and maintain confidentiality and integrity of data.
- Perform other relative duties as assigned by supervisor and/or other management as needed.