Report on Teacher's Assistant At JRI
Teacher's Assistant At JRI
- Marlborough, MA 01752
- Job Type
Glenhaven Academy is a 34-bed residential treatment facility for adolescent males and females, specializing in trauma informed care treatment modalities including the ARC (Attachment, Regulation and Competency) framework. Glenhaven Academy provides comprehensive care including a school on site, a full clinical staff, nursing staff, and 24-hour direct care supervision. Students are referred to Glenhaven Academy based on struggles maintaining safety in less restrictive levels of care and to receive comprehensive support to make progress towards their treatment goals. The program provides long-term treatment to the students and their families while also maintaining safety 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Teacher's Assistant assists the Education Director with the administrative tasks of the school. Preferred candidates would have experience working with students who have emotional problems in a school setting. The Teacher's Assistant will assist with filing, mailing, compiling reports on the students and presenting school related information in collateral meetings. This person should be organized and have strong writing skills. Lastly, the Teacher's Assistant should feel comfortable in a classroom and may at times substitute or provide teacher coverage
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Mass DESE Special Education in Moderate Disabilities licensure preferred.
- Experience working in a Special Education field.
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred.
- Experience working with specialized populations of adolescents preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements
- Maintains valid driver’s license as transporting students is required.
- Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as required.
- Able to work alone in an unsupervised environment
- Must be 21 years of age
- Bilingual a plus!
Bilingual bonus - Eligible candidates will receive $500 after 3 months of successful employment and $500 after 6 months of successful employment.
Offer includes: Access to excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, pension, generous paid time off and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Posted 17 hours ago