Report on Team Leader-Plastipak - Victorville, CA At Plastipak
Team Leader-Plastipak - Victorville, CA At Plastipak
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Team Leader is responsible for the overall performance of a shift. Monitors and approves necessary setting adjustments. Ensures preventative maintenance requirements are done as outlined by machine specification and preventative maintenance guidelines. Has a working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests. Ensures quality control checks are being done, and helps to maintain customer requirements, according to specifications. Ensures correct housekeeping procedures on machinery and in designated work areas are maintained. Attends training sessions and conducts team meetings.
- Leads and reinforces safety procedures and culture.
- Ensures GMP requirements and safety policies are being followed.
- Facilitates scheduled work orders.
- Relieves Technicians for breaks.
- Ensures materials required to fulfill the work orders are present.
- Coordinates team meetings.
- Monitors all Quality documentation ensuring compliance.
- Coordinates Maintenance Technicians to prioritize work to be completed.
- Works with new team members to train on line and on auxiliary equipment.
- Responsible for production data that is to be correctly entered into PICS (SAP)/Iconics.
- Responsible for monitoring sales orders for finished goods.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred; relevant experience will be considered.
- Team oriented.
- Self motivated in all job responsibilities.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Effective time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to complete training requirements.
- Technical and mechanical abilities; continuous learning aptitude through training.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program