Report on TI Sales / Estimator
TI Sales / Estimator
The duties of the TI Sales/Estimator are to analyze blueprints, specifications, RFP’s, subcontractor and vendor proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost and do labor estimates for the Able Heating & Air.
1. Must have 5 years of HVAC related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in our industry.
2. Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, specifications, technical procedures, and design build request for proposals.
3. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
4. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, and customers.
5. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
6. Good computer skills, thorough knowledge of shop capabilities and machine limitations, ability to read and understand RFQ’s from customers, specifications and contract terms.
7. Ability to utilize computerized take off/estimating software: Quick Pen Sheet Metal or equivalent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s right to assign or reassign duties to this job at any time. All duties are to be performed in compliance with Able Heating & Air’s policies and procedures.
1. Manages all aspects of the TI and Special Projects Department, supervising all estimating, job tracking, and reporting functions.
2. Responsible for preparing all estimates with the necessary level of detail for all design stages; conceptual to complete design.
3. Evaluate labor pricing for specific projects and or locations utilizing Local 206 or out of town Local labor rates.
4. Consult with design team, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates.
5. Research and develop strategies and plans which identify business opportunities in existing and new markets.
6. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, estimates, and operational methods.
7. Develop and manage sales/estimating and marketing budgets.
8. Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
9. Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
10. Provide thoughtful and insightful market analysis to all aspects of manufacturing and construction including but not limited to gross margin analysis, labor and overhead costs analysis.
11. Provide construction percentage of completion on a monthly basis.
12. Participate in mandatory Sales and Project Management meetings.
13. Promote and maintain a professional and cooperative relationship with all clients and company personnel.
14. Provide quality take-off of material, labor and subcontractor pricing.
15. Attend pre bid job walk meetings and client interface.
16. Demonstrates commitment of time as required to prepare quality quotations within the time parameters established by the customer. Consistently completes all estimating work required for assigned business segment. Contributes to overall productivity of company by directing and assisting other estimators with their work as required.
17. Consults with clients, vendors and other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
18. Attends scheduled meetings & promotes team environment by cooperating and being helpful with other departments. Communicates honestly and respectfully with others and listens effectively. Maintains a positive attitude with co-workers.
19. Workings with others in the estimating department do follow-ups, as necessary, to understand competitiveness of bids for applying to future bids.
20. Is able to estimate jobs for all customer segments. Demonstrates commitment to customers by returning phone calls promptly and always being courteous. Consistently meets obligations to customers. Follows up to insure satisfaction. Provides service to internal customers (co-workers) via timely, appropriate and professional communications and interactions.
21. Adheres to safety policies and procedures and makes safety suggestions.
Required Attributes: The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities for this position
1. Willingness to participate in Able’s Culture of giving, receiving, and having self respect.
2. Have effective business development skills.
3. Maintain a professional manner in actions and appearance.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
5. Must demonstrate the ability to perform basic business and mathematical functions.
6. Must prioritize in a fast-paced environment effectively managing time and details.
7. Must have organizational skills in handling and archiving data.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, wrists, arms, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The duties of this job occasionally require the employee to be near moving mechanical parts.
2. The duties of this job occasionally require the employee to be asked to work in outside weather conditions and/or occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
3. The duties of the job occasionally require the employee to be in environments that are noisy.
4. The duties of the job occasionally require the employee to visit construction sites, climb stairs, and ladders.